Monday, April 28, 2008

Pictures from Kia Island

Hello! My Earth Day Celebration was yesterday and it went amazingly. I need more time to process all the great things that went on but as soon as I do I will write a post that will hopefully show why this was such a great day. Last weekend I went with some girls from Korotubu to Kia island. The school was having a bazaar and I hadn't been to the island I sometimes stare at from my coastline, so I jumped on the opportunity (or the boat rather) to go. It was absolutley beautiful. The island is what you picture when you think of Fiji, the "real" Fiji since there were only very traditional villages and no resorts. The trip made me realize how good of friends I am making in the village, although one of the girls is getting married next week and will be leaving. (I am really bummed about that because she was the closest friend I had in the village.) So I will leave you with some pictures to enjoy...


Filipe, a hula dancing expert (he performed for us at Earth Day), playing on the beach.

I was very entertained watching the women play volleyball in full length traditional dresses.


Emi, Filipe and I on a short morning walk up the beach.

The group from my village on Ligau beach.
Here we are with Vanua Levu (the island I live on) in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home